- Cyprus is an island situated in the north-eastern basin of the Mediterranean Sea at the hub of three continents, Europe, Asia and Africa, which makes its position strategic.
- In view of the fact that Cyprus is a full member of European Union since 2004 and a member of Eurozone since 2008, a Cyprus Company has been regarded as a prestigious vehicle.
- The Cyprus tax legislation is fully compliant with the EU Acquis Communautaire and EU Directives. It is also in full compliance with the code of Conduct for Business Taxation and against harmful tax competition.
- Cyprus companies enjoy the lower tax rate in Europe (flat rate of 12.5% for trading income). A Cyprus company can be used for business in Cyprus or/and abroad. Due to the strategic position of Cyprus a Cyprus company can be used as a gateway to Europe, Asia and Middle East.
- Cyprus has managed to establish itself as a reputable, well developed and trust-worthy financial centre complemented by an advanced legal and accounting system, highly skilled and multilingual workforce, excellent telecommunication systems and convenient year round flight connections.
- Cyprus Companies enjoy the advantages of various important double taxation treaties something that render a Cyprus Company a really useful vehicle for receipt of dividends, interest and royalties (in many cases zero tax).
- Cyprus law allows the use of trustee shareholders and nominee directors / secretaries.
For more information about Why to use Cyprus Company within your international tax planning read the article about Cyprus Companies as Platform for Global Markets within Cyprus Info section.
The information in this report is for information purposes only. It is not intended to constitute tax, legal or other professional advice, and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions or misleading statements in this report, or for any loss which may arise from reliance on materials contained in this report.